Are you looking for a new challenge within Software Development? Maybe this job as R&D Manager Software & Test, Landskrona is for you!
ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems focuses on entrance automation through design, manufacturing, sales, installation and service to optimize our customers business. We are now hiring a R&D Manager Software & Test that will continue to build a world-class software and test organization to support our digitalization journey and to build an eco-system of products.
The divisional headquarter of ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems is serving the global organization and is located five to ten minutes’ walk from the Landskrona train station in a modern office.
What you will be doing
As a R&D Manager Software and Test you will be a part of Business Areas Industrial Door Solutions (IDS) R&D management team, where you will contribute with your skills and experience on how to drive innovation in a global cross-functional multi-brand matrix organization.
Generally, you will manage, lead and develop the Software & Test Department that is divided into two teams. The software team is responsible for developing and maintaining the software in our products that are in line with defined performance, quality and safety requirements. The test team is responsible for planning and performing all tests related to our products. Most of our tests are conducted in our in-house testing facilities that belongs to this department.
Specifically, you will:
- Be the line manager for the Software and Test department that currently consists of 14 people. This includes cost budget responsibilities, planning of resources, development of the team’s capabilities and skills to meet todays and upcoming needs.
- Be the key decision maker when it comes to software architecture and technology choices for our products.
- Be responsible for development processes and tools that are specific for the software and test team.
- Decide what testing to be conducted in-house and what to involve external support and testing facilities.
- Together with the team develop and propose software technical roadmaps for our new and legacy software systems to secure the demand from customers and internal stakeholders.
- Manage and execute software development projects from start to finish. Evaluate these projects to find improvement for next generation of projects.
- Networking with other ASSA ABLOY R&D sites and external collaborators for the software and testing areas.
- Be located in Landskrona, Sweden and report directly to the R&D Director, Industrial Business Segment.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced software development manager with at least 10 years’ experience from software and product development in complex software projects. To succeed in this role we believe you have a Master´s in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar university degree.
- Excellent technical understanding of embedded software systems in general and functional safety systems in particular.
- Excel in managing software strategies and way of working for software development and follow along to implement these.
- Expertise in managing software and test development processes and projects.
- Experience as line manager with personnel responsibility.
- Proven experience as a leader for software development team.
- Strong in decision-making.
- Structured in your work.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Result driven in your work.
- Leader with the ability to develop, manage and motivate your team.
- Strong with managing stakeholders and dare to take decisions.
- Ability to display how products and specific software would add value to respective business.
- Able to get things done, to visualize prioritizations.
- Ability to understand both high-level and detailed aspects of requirements and technical solutions.
- Very good ability to cooperate with different stakeholders.
- Good communication skills. Ability to explain complex systems and interactions to stakeholders and development teams both verbally and in written form.
- Business understanding to be able to help in trade-offs between different solutions.
- Since English is our corporate language, we expect you to have a high professional knowledge and be able to speak, read and write freely when interacting with your international colleagues.
Contact and application:
Please apply at our website www.assaabloy.com as soon as possible and no later than 29 January 2021.
In this recruitment, we are cooperating with Cabeza AB. For further information about this job please contact Recruitment Consultant Malin Schultz: firstname.lastname@example.org We are handling applications in a continuously and confidentially manner.
"Let’s open the doors to the future – together!
Working for ASSA ABLOY means that you will be part of a dynamic environment, developing innovative solutions to improve our customers' lives. As the global leader in door opening solutions we are using the latest technologies to open doors to events, hospitals, education, homes, hotels, airports and businesses. Joining ASSA ABLOY means being part of a fast-moving company with many opportunities.
Sökord: R&D Manager, R&D Manager Software & Test, embedded software, functional safety systems